I am sure most have seen that warning on the side of the triple washed salad greens which says to not wash the greens because your kitchen sink will have even more “bugs” in it which will infect the lettuce. Sorry, I just cannot help myself. I WASH my greens! Here is the hospital-grade/food-grade disinfectant which I use to keep our kitchen sink (and a whole lot more) sanitized without getting bleach spots all over my clothing and inhaling noxious fumes . . .
Vital Oxide® is a broad-spectrum, antimicrobial solution proven to perform against molds, mildews, fungi, spores, yeasts, and viruses. Use Vital Oxide in shower stalls, under sinks, on kitchen counters, in diaper pails, at schools, in daycares, on sports equipment, in basements – anywhere mold or bacteria can be found. Vital Oxide Antibacterial Spray has been independently tested under GLP (good laboratory practice) conditions and shown to kill bacteria and viruses, such as MRSA, H1N1 (Swine Flu), Norovirus, Legionella pneumophila, and E. coli.
Why Vital Oxide?
- Vital Oxide comes from the family of revolutionary products brought to you by The Ecology Works®, whose products strike at the root causes of many common allergic reactions
- Vital Oxide is a hospital-grade disinfectant that kills 99.999% of harmful microbial substances on hard surfaces and in the air
- Kills Bacteria and Virus and for use against Ebola virus
- Awarded the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) Seal of Approval, Vital Oxide is also effective at sanitizing carpets and removing pet odors
- Though tough on molds, mildew, fungi, yeasts, bacteria and viruses, Vital Oxide is gentle on you
- Vital Oxide is for someone who wants an antimicrobial cleaner that’s:
- An ecologically sound alternative to chlorine-based cleaners and disinfectants
- Safe for you, your family, and for environment
- So mild you can wash your hands in it
- Note: Moms find it great to clean and sanitize toys safely and easily – especially bathtub toys!
- Non irritating to the skin, and non corrosive to treated articles
- Colorless, odorless, and will not harm water-safe fabrics
- Gallon size perfect for big jobs or to have extra on hand
- EPA registered
The active ingredient in Vital Oxide is chlorine dioxide, which sounds like chlorine, but it’s not. Chlorine dioxide and chlorine are very different, react differently, and result in different by-products (see chart below). Chlorine dioxide has been used in disinfecting water supplies for decades (I did not know this!), but only now, in Vital Oxide, is there a formula that is stable enough to remain potent for home use.
Vital Oxide comes in a one-gallon (128-oz) refill size that is affordably priced, and great for big jobs. Also available in a ready-to-use 32-oz spray bottle, and a handy 3-oz travel size with pump sprayer (both sold separately).
You can find this product on National Allergy Supply web site. I have dealt with this company for decades. They are the best! Very reputable and if you are dissatisfied with your purchase will make it right; but trust me, you will love what they offer! Currently, they are having a 20% Off Sitewide + Free Shipping* on Orders over $59 CODE: RELIEF20